Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tony & Caitlin's Wedding - September 29th, 2012

blp_t+c_derez-41
(Tony and Caitlin as the sun sets on their wedding day. © 2012 Benjamin Luk.)

Long before I'd set foot on their ceremony site, we'd all already bonded over beer at Central City Brew Pub. Tony and Caitlin were friends with my intern Lauren and she recommended me since she wouldn't be able to play photographer and bridesmaid at the same time. We hit it off great. In that meeting, we realized our respective personalities were the perfect match and moved right on to prep for the big day.

blp_t+c_derez-9
(Tony and Caitlin's wedding party. © 2012 Benjamin Luk.)

The wedding was in Gibsons, BC. I'd always remembered Gibsons fondly, having gone on numerous high school camping trips there with my best friends. My assistant Jason booked the ferry and I booked the hotel. We'd stay one night, then wake up fresh to shoot without having to worry about arriving late. We even brought props, some of which we had to wrestle into cooperation. I was striving for a top-end commercial look to Tony and Caitlin's wedding portraits. Thanks to our on-the-go Profoto AcuteB 600, our lighting was exceptional.

blp_t+c_derez-15
(Caitlin and the groomsmen. © 2012 Benjamin Luk.)

It was a four-hour shoot; getting ready, portraits, ceremony and family shots. Through our extensive prep work, we stayed on schedule and had a great time doing it. Even though this was a shorter shoot than most, it didn't feel like it. We came back with loads of material and I look forward to updating my portfolio with some of our best wedding party shots yet. I deliver the photos this Friday. In the meantime, see even more from this wedding on our WedOverHeels.

blp_t+c_derez-42
(Wandering hands lead to genuine smiles. © 2012 Benjamin Luk.)

Benjamin Luk Photography Weddings is available for assignment at BLPwedding.com.

1 comment:

  1. Tony & Caitlin's Wedding was so cute and these portraits truly came out to be so stylish. I too have to start the planning for my wedding day. It is quite a fun but at the same time a stressful thing to find the event locations as per our theme selection. Was wondering if you could share some tips to find a good location.

    ReplyDelete